Twirly Skirt ...


On Sunday Bianca and Mel had a sew along via twitter making Twirly skirts using this tutorial.
If you visit their blogs you are sure to see more little girls twirling.

I had to work on Sunday so couldn't sew along but did make Miss5 a skirt yesterday. I deviated for the tutorial slightly but followed most of it. I made mine with French seams, added the lace work insert ( not sure of its correct name ) and a bit of extra fabric for more 'twirlability'.


This was an unplanned addition but I really think it adds to the cute factor and the very happy skirt owner loves the flowers.


Miss is currently wearing new skirt over her tracksuit pants as she does not want to take it off and I am frequently showered with thanks, exclamations of 'I LOVE my new twirly skirt' and cuddles.
I am thinking I need to make some little shorts for underneath as the twirling, dancing and general new skirt love get's a bit revealing.

I predict more twirly skirts in our future.


Comments

  1. Looks great Tammy. How good is it when you make something and they LOVE it. The t'shirt your Miss 5 is wearing is one of Indi's favourites for obvious reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for twirly skirts! I just the love the insert Tammy, great work xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not showing O your photos either...the nagging will be endless, especially seeing she has picked out the material for hers!!

    Love the inset, and so happy that you could use that flower trim on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! love the lace detail too!!!

    great twirling action!

    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! *Love* the trim. I love this pattern, I made a couple for the girls last year, but I must get cracking and make some more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the flowers are a great addition! It looks like a great skirt - no wonder miss 5 is thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, love the lace, evem more girly! And best of all she loves it! Look at tha tgreat grin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh yes, we have many in our wardrobe. They make great presents for little girls too. XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever Tammy, the lace insert looks gorgeous. Every little girls dream.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tammy
    My mum used to make me skirts and dresses when I was little too! I'd forgotten just how cute they were.

    Thanks for popping in and saying hello and your kind comments. I'm very interested in your 5 minute a day bread, I love fresh bread. I'll try and pick up a copy of that book and have a browse in Borders at the weekend, they also have a nice blog too.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the lace trim and the skirt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the twirly skirt! That is so sweet that it makes your little girl so happy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know you were here. x
Have a happy Day.